Canteen Duty Info
Throughout the year the canteen raises funds which help to subsidise your fees. FHC membership requires you to undertake a canteen duty OR pay the required opt out of canteen duty fee of $100 prior to Round 1. For those members that selected to complete their canteen duty, please click the link below to nominate your preferred date and time.
If you do not select a time, the Canteen Manager will roster you in to an available time slot, which should not clash with your scheduled match. To ensure you are allocated to a time that suits you, please click on the above link and select your time prior to your first game.
For junior parents completing their child’s canteen duty, please add your child’s full name and team in to the comment section.
Alternatively if you have selected to pay the opt out fee, please ensure this is paid at the time of your registration for Footscray Hockey Club. Failure to confirm and complete your rostered duty (or no shows) will automatically incur a $150 charge to be paid prior to your next game.
Sons of the Scray’s (Girls of the West)
Red, white and blue
We’ll come out snarling
Bulldogs through and through
Bulldogs bite and bulldogs roar
We give our very best
Because you can’t beat the boys of the Bulldog breed (girls)
The team of the mighty West
FIXTURES & RESULTS
GOOD SPORTS CLUB
Footscray Hockey Club is a Good Sports Club which means we’re passionate about having more people enjoy our great club and sporting culture. To do that we need to create a safe, inclusive environment where everyone can get involved and do their bit. Good Sports Clubs are about helping our members and families recognise they can lead healthy and active lives by making good choices when it comes to eating and drinking. At FHC we offer healthy eating options and encourage a healthy attitude to the consumption of alcohol.
The Inclusion Officer works in conjunction with Hockey Victoria and FHC to support and promote a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment for all throughout the Hockey community.
We celebrate several days that promote a safe, welcoming and inclusive club environment.
Men’s Health Round
Fair Go! Sport Round
Footscray Hockey Club Inclusion Officer
Julie Anne Sheehan (J.A)
0405 061 535
- Please ensure the injury has been reported on the team sheet if it occured during a game.
- Please feel free to advise the Injury Officers below of your injury.
- Please follow the link below to the HV Insurance Page (you have 180 days from the date of the injury to lodge a claim)
A Member Protection Information Officer (MPIO) is responsible for providing information about a person’s rights, responsibilities and options to an individual making a complaint or raising a concern. They can also provide information and advice to sport administrators and complaint handlers with regard to the Member Protection Policy of that sport. MPIOs are generally impartial; they do not mediate or investigate complaints.
Footscray Hockey Club Member Protection Information Officers:
WHY COME TO FHC?
One of the biggest hockey clubs in Australia, the Footscray Hockey Club is also one of the best.
- 650+ players, spread over 53 teams (winter season 2016)
- Playing opportunities to suit all levels of ability (Mens, Womens, Masters & Juniors)
- Senior teams from Premier League to local level ‘metro’ teams, masters teams for over 35’s, 45’s & 50’s, and junior teams from U6’s to U18’s with each age level offering shield (‘A’ grade) teams down to local ‘district’ standard teams. Mixed junior teams through to girls only teams.
- A sport (and club) that is proudly equal in gender participation. We have an equal spread of male and female members
- We are a family oriented club, conscious of the need to provide pathways to hockey excellence but blended with a strong desire to provide a very ‘social’ environment.
- Cheap fees, junior and student discounts.
- Facilities amongst the best in Australia. Two hybrid artificial grass pitches (one ‘watered’), and artificial grass specialist training area (called the ‘kage’). Large sealed car park and brilliant pavilion / clubhouse.
- Less than 10 minutes form the CBD! Adjacent to the Westgate Freeway. (McIvor Reserve, Fogarty Ave, Yarraville, MEL 41-G10)
Please contact the appropriate Director below to express your interest.
REGISTRATION & FEE POLICY
All members must undertake the 2-step registration and fee payment process prior to their first game to be eligible for selection to participate in a HV competition or a FHC competition
- Register with Hockey Victoria (Hockey Victoria Membership payment is compulsory at the end of the online registration form)
- Register with Footscray Hockey Club (FHC Fee payment is compulsory at the end of the online registration form. Please note a 1.75% + 30c fee applies)
Note: you can purchase a pre-paid debit card at the Post Office.
Exception #1: Come n Try
FHC junior section can offer “come and try” sessions for new junior members and FHC fees do not apply, this usually occurs around February / March. FHC senior or masters section can offer 2 “come and try” senior games for new senior members and FHC fees do not apply.
Exception #2: Payment Plans
Members or families who are experiencing financial hardship may apply to the FHC Board for a Payment Plan. In the circumstance where a member has applied for a payment plan with the Treasurer and that payment plan has been approved, the member must pay the first instalment upon registration (or prior to their first game)
First Instalment Due upon registration
Second Instalment Due May 15th
Third Instalment Due June 15th – balance of your fees
Members who fail to comply with the payment plan terms will be excluded from playing. Payment plans must be submitted 5 business days prior to the first game to allow for processing time. Please contact the Treasurer if you have any queries – email@example.com
FAMILY FEE REBATE
FHC will offer a family fee rebate for those families who qualify. Please apply to the FHC Treasurer using the application form link below. Please note: A “family” consists of up to 2 playing adults and their children who are full time students. Please contact the Treasurer if you have any queries firstname.lastname@example.org
STEP 1. HOCKEY VICTORIA REGISTRATION
Every person who wishes to participate in any of the following competitions – Seniors, Masters, Juniors, Competition run by FHC – must register online with Hockey Victoria and pay the relevant HV membership via credit card.
The HV registration fee covers players insurance and several other benefits. Every HV member from U12+ receives free entry into the State Netball Hockey Centre.
EXISTING MEMBERS to FHC must click on the “login” (top right) to begin the registration process. Then click the “Renew” button. If a member has forgotten their password there is a “Forgotten Password” option which will send an email through to the registered email, or please contact the General Secretary on email@example.com and allow 3 business days for the reset of your password. DO NOT CLICK “REGISTRATION”…THIS CREATES A DUPLICATE RECORD!
NEW MEMBERS to FHC (and HAVE NOT played at another club before) please click on the “Registration” tab (top left) to begin the registration process.
PLAYED AT ANOTHER CLUB BEFORE? Please contact Transfer Officer Nicole Virtuoso firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a transfer; please do not proceed to register until further notice.
SELECTING A SUBSCRIPTION
Members only need to select one (1) of the subscription options.
- HV 2017 Adult Playing Membership $65
- HV 2017 Youth (10-17) Playing Membership $50
- HV 2017 Junior (<10) Playing Membership $37.50
- HV 2017 Dual/Secondary Club Registration $0
If you play at 2 different clubs, you need to choose the correct registration for each club. If you do this the other way around it causes administration issues, for example:
I play juniors at Club Y and seniors at Club Z
I should register as a junior at juniors club Y and select the $50 membership
I should then register as a dual member at senior Club Z $0
I play seniors at Club Y and masters at Club Z
I should register as an adult at senior club Y and select the $65 membership
I should then register as a dual member at masters Club Z $0
- HV 2017 Non-Playing Membership $0 For coaches, team managers, umpires etc. who are not playing.
IF YOU HAVE MORE FAMILY MEMBERS TO ADD OR REGISTER?
At the end of the HV registration click “Add another registration”. The family members linked to you should become visible. If you have a new family member to add click “Someone else”.
FINISHED THE HOCKEY VICTORIA REGISTRATION?
Click “Pay Now”. Pay the Hockey Victoria fees via debit or credit card.
STEP 2. FOOTSCRAY HOCKEY CLUB REGISTRATION & FEE PAYMENT
Every person who wishes to participate in any competition run by the Footscray Hockey Club, including the U6’s, U8’s and U10’s Intra Club programs must register via the FHC online registration process. It is important that every person is registered separately as there are no linked options within this system.
Throughout this form, members will be asked questions about contact information, emergency contacts, canteen allocations and the type of club registration being selected.
Your online registration will not be recorded until after your fee payment via debit or credit card at the end.
Throughout the year the canteen raises funds, which help to subsidise every member’s fees. FHC membership requires you (or your parents) to undertake a canteen duty OR pay the required opt out of canteen duty fee of $100 per player. In the FHC Registration form you can select the opt out option and it will add the $100 fee to your fees to pay at the end of registration.
Please scroll to the top of this page further canteen information.
If you are playing seniors and are 18 years of age or over, FHC membership requires you to pay an umpiring levy of $40 when you register, this has been included in the relevant fees. The Men’s & Women’s Umpire Coordinators have been instructed to arrange paid umpires for EVERY senior game for EVERY grade. If you’d like to earn your $40 back (or more if you umpire more games), then please tick the relevant box in the registration form and the Umpire Coordinators will be in touch with you.
* Just Hockey is the proud equipment supplier of Hockey HQ, this is not a Just Hockey store
* Hockey HQ will price match with the Just Hockey store and catalogue
* Yes we can order most ranges from the Just Hockey store in for you
* Orders are placed Wednesday, in store at Hockey HQ next day Thursday
* Eftpos is available – Mastercard and Visa
* Hockey HQ Gift vouchers available
* Check out the clearance rack for some great specials!
* If we do not have your size – it will be on order or an order can be placed.
Tue: 5.30 – 7.00pm
Wed: 5.30 – 7.00pm
Thu: 5.30 – 7.00pm
OUT OF HOURS:
Shirts Playing $50.00
Bike Shorts $40.00
Socks (Blue or Red) $12.95
OFF FIELD UNIFORM
Long Sleeve T-Shirt $25.00
Polo Shirt $30.00
Rugby Jumpers $55.00
Cyclone Jacket $110.00
WORKING WITH CHILDREN’S CHECKS
From 1 January 2017, the Child Safe Standards will apply to all sporting organisations that operate and provide sporting services to children within Victoria. Footscray Hockey Club is committed to adhering to the Child Cafe Standards and recommendations. One component of the standards is ensuring all club Volunteers & Staff who regularly work with people under the age of 18 attain a Working With Children’s Check (WWCC).
At Footscray Hockey Club we will meet government regulations for sporting clubs and ensure that people who work or engage with children under the age of 18 have a current Working With Children Card.
The following personnel in the Men’s, Women’s & Junior sections require a Working With Children Card (note: the senior section personnel also required a WWCC due to members who are U18 playing seniors).
- Team Managers
- Physio /Trainers /Regular rostered Umpires