Footscray Hockey Club have been keeping abreast of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and monitoring information as it comes to hand from the DHHS and government bodies.
With regard to any FHC’s training programs, practice matches and activities, we will provide guidance and advice on any changes to these as required. This means it is operations as usual, however we ask that if any members are feeling unwell or experiencing any symptoms of Coronavirus they do not attend hockey activities stay at home and seek relevant medical advice.
Ten ways to reduce your risk of coronavirus:
1. Wash hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 seconds. Dry with paper towel or hand dryer.
2. Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
3. Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
4. Isolate yourself at home if you feel sick. If you take medication ensure you have adequate supplies.
5. Phone your GP first if you need medical attention. They will tell you what to do.
6. Continue healthy habits: exercise, drink water, get plenty of sleep, and now is the time to quit smoking. Call the Quitline 137 848.
7. Don’t wear a face mask if you are well.
8. Buy an alcohol-based hand sanitiser with over 60 per cent alcohol.
9. Get the flu shot (available April).
10. Shaking hands is optional! (before a match a tap of your sticks is a good substitute)
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact any board member.
Hockey Victoria have asked clubs to distribute the following information via this link http://bit.ly/2TWWLLQ